Friday, August 26, 2005

thinking of....

my day.. haha. this is so mundane and ordinary.

nevertheless, i took my chemistry practical prelim exam today..which is a bit of a big deal to me, considering that i am NOT dexterous nor am i very precise, careful and graceful...

in fact, i'm the opposite.

blur, scatterbrained and clumsy.

so my mum decided that her daughter needed some encouragement and being a 'devout' buddhist. she proceeded to ask me to pray with some joss sticks this morning. i'm entirely respectful of my mum's religion, beliefs and wishes but i also told her plainly that it is like grabbing onto the buddha's feet at the eleventh hour (there's a chinese idiom for it).. then my dear brother decided to be the smart aleck and told me smugly, "Do you know that the glowing tip of your joss stick will pop when it detects hydrogen?"

i was overjoyed.....

Because my little(actually larger than me) brother provided me the opportunity to flaunt and revise my chemistry practial knowledge again so i corected him by telling him that a glowing tip relights in the presence of oxygen :) with a huge smirk on my face (i know i know i 'm such a horrible sister.. but i just couldn't resist!)

but i got 'retribution' because in my hurry to get out of the house, i left ALL my chemistry notes on my desk.. Looking on the bright light, i managed to de-stress by talking crap with my classmates instead of worrying endlessly before the exam..

surprisingly, i didn't meet any mishaps today in the lab. except i flung my pen in the air when i was nervous.hehe. well, it's over. i shan't talk about it...

poem time...(which reminds me i did miserably for my literature unseen poem test :( poem intepretation was never one of my stronger areas. i rather write .. haha)

What's that clock ticking for?

Hang onto the moment,
Time's a chasm.
Endless, bottomless pit,
Alice down the rabbit hole.

When does reality end?
When does fantasy begin?

Lines;blurred.
Memories; long faded.
Lives; meant to be lost?

What is time?
The duration of life.
The number of accolades.
The meaningful acts for the better.
Human's history of errors.

Does time exist,
Or is it a figment of our imagination.

Tick, tick, tick.
Minutes slowly filtering away.
The clock chastises me.
I better stop daydreaming,
Time's running.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home