Friday, August 19, 2005

thinking of....

how come no one is posting?

hellooo? liz? jia? anyone?

anyhow, i'll wish jia a HAPPY 16th BIRTHDAY!

hmms. on a serious note, i've been really sick these days-- flu, sorethroat fever. am i really that vulnerable? i had the illusion that i'm rather robust! :)

so i (actually my dad) proceeded to be house-cooped for two whole days. two whole glorious days without the troubles of school. actually, no. because i still had a heaving pile of homework especially maths homework (glares murderously) and a ton of revision to do... and not to add a dollop of guilt to see i carry them out efficiently and rapidly (bio's getting to me. everything has to be efficiently and rapidly, otherwise there is somehow or another a blasted limiting factor :/)

let me share with you why..

this is a excerpt of an unfortunate conversation i had with cassie (my really good friend who happens to be a worrywart and a extremely smart one too)

me: (sighs) i haven't been revising for social studies and the exam is coming in two weeks!

cassie: me too!

me: really? i only studied 2 sec 3 chapters ..

(cassie looks at me in shock and astoundment)

me: (catching her look) so how much have you studied?

cassie: the whole sec 3 syllabus and midway sec 4

me: what?! you call that haven't study? i don't study everyday you know!

cassie: (looks at me innocently) really?

me: (sighs and mutters to myself) gosh, she studies everyday

cassie: yeah what.

my dear friends, do you see what i mean. then me being me went to aggravate the situation by asking cassie another question via sms yesterday, it read..........

" cass, is the bio test hard?'

her reply....

" it's not hard"

of course now looking back at my moment of folly i must take into consideration that this very girl topped the level in the biology exams, so her nonchalant reply was not as helpful...

well, the flu season is here. everyone grab your tissues!

on a contrary, i doubt it'll be the flu that will get to you first.

as my father exclaimed as he happened to glimpse my beautifully word-infested test schedule, " i think it's not the flu... it's the stress.."

what do you have to say to something like that.
say it with me with gusto!

"of course! it's singapore..what!"

(smiles ruefully)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home