Friday, August 05, 2005

thinking of....

the long weekend ahead...

So I'm sitting here, lazing around, munching jam sandwiches from marks & spencers contentedly while typing this.

Aren't you jealous?

I had the political rally thing today for english.. Campaigning to for be the party representing Farrer Road Constituency in the Parliament. Really quite fun when my class got into the mood. You could hear all the 'Boos' and 'Woos'. Anyway, I find myself interested in politics. Weird but true. In fact, I never had a good impression about politics. Just as it is able to create a first-class country, it is just or even more likely to ruin a country. I always thought that politicians were cunning, conniving characters. Of course, they are the good ones too, serving the nation. Yet I usually like to think the worst of anything especially occupations.

Like Lynette (Lim) said today before her party was about to go up and 'bribe' everyone with Mentos candy.

" An election is never an election without bribery."

I guffawed when I heard that. Trust her to come up with something like that. Anyway, my party shouted 'Killer Litter' when she started throwing the candy around. :)

If you want to know more about politics, in particular the British Parliament, more commonly known as the House of Commons, I'll recommend Jeffery Archer's book, The First Among Equals( if i'm not wrong) it's lengthy but nonetheless wonderfully written :)

Lastly, I'll just like to share this few sentences which was part of my speech ( Yes, I was put up by my group to do it :( )

" Let dotmocracy ring from the tops of Mount Faber, let the animals at mandai zoo roar Dotmocracy. Let the birds at Jurong bird park whistle to Dotmocracy..."

You get the hang of it :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home