Friday, October 07, 2005

thinking of....

the last week of school.

the last week i'll spend as a student in St Margaret's.

i know there is still the O's. But that is not counted because technically you have already stop lessons and all that bantering with your classmates and friends. As in it is the end of the normal school days.

I don't know how to describe how i feel. sadness? resignation? nostalgia?

but definitely not regret.

St Margs gave me the four years that Nanyang failed to give in their six.

I know this sounds as though i'm bashing Nanyang but i'm not, i am just trying to show how much St Margs has given me this past four years that i can only use such a comparision which actually is not enough too.

before this, i would like to thank R.T.O.L! you people played such a big role you deserve a special mention. ( i don't want to keep on mentioning you people :p)

this is my story...

When i first stepped into St Margs i felt apprehensive. St Margs was not my choice school, in fact when i came from Nanyang, i came with my misguided perceptions and stereotypical thinking. I thought St Margs was a lousy school, the reputation wasn't very good. But all this melted away when orientation started. i was extremely lucky to have rachel with me because i knew her previously from ballet and she being of a more sociable nature introduced me to more friends. during orientation, i felt unity and happiness for the first time in 6 months. my psle results drained me as they were far from my expectations, moreover people all around me performed better. but what made it even worse was the regret and remorse that haunted me throughout the holidays because i knew i did not even bother to study/ revise. i failed to put in my effort and this was my desserts. and my ex best friend in primary school also 'betrayed' me on some matters..

back to the orientation, my class, 1e5 '02 was incredibly united! i must say our class must have been the most diverse in the whole level, not to mention the most intelligent! :) counting the number of awards we bagged the following year, whether cca-wise or academic-wise. i idolised the prefects for a short period of time too! they seemed so self assured, clever and likable. i wasn't much a confident person then. then i met louisa, wanda, alicia, cassie, liz, jia, mich (actually i knew her way before that..) etc. and this major friendships carried out through my secondary years. then i wasn't cool(neither am i now :P) but the'cool' people/ the people who weren't exactly of same interests nor personality as me (read all the before names!) became friends, close ones too. but i was still a bit of a shy person with low self-esteem so i became somewhat of a 'follower' or at least it seemed like it :)

this was also the year i met mrs tay and i must thank her for helping me along the way, she was ultimately the one who gave me the right opportunities to excel and encouraging to boost my confidence. :) can't really express my gratitude...

sec 2 year was just as eventful. i was monitress, had a number of headlong arguments with the prefects (specifically loui :P) about the governing of the class. got through a little rough period when the 'shanghai' girls came back from the entrepreneurship trip which caused us to be named the 'shanghai' clique and ruffled and unsettled a number of classmates. managed to tease and have a wonderful time with 2e2-ers. built a strong friendship with melo (which means alot to me). organised the teacher's day event ( can i say hectic again? :P). applied for nj and got rejected. had to say bye to wanda who got accepted. nominated as prefect and accepted. only one thing to say: thank god i didn't get in nj during that time! i would have missed smss like crazy!!!

sec 3 year was crazy. i was uber stressed. a bit depressed too. intensified when mrs lee left, because i never thought such a thing would happen.not adding i got separated from all my friends because we were all so diverse we just had to take different subject combinations. i got into a whole lot of committees: choir, gage brown, northwest cdc council, smpb, dots inc. this resulted in me quitting ballet :( because i had to make some sacrifices. i contributed in all except for gage brown which i will not take any credit for, cos all i did was to yell really loudly. yeah so in a nutshell, i was one tuckered all, zonkified person! i'm glad i made through that period of time... and even managed to study wholeheartedly :) and of cos what can i say but i love choir com '04/05!!! in sec 3 my passion for singing was renewed :) nothing adds more colour to my life than singing besides the fact of standing over 4 hours and feeling down because all the 'scoldings' and lack of motivation there was. a big thank you to ms ho too! for reviving the choir spirit. i think she was somewhat of a saviour? of course, we helped too!


sec 4: in tuned with my class, the wonderful 4e3!!!!! okay, so i hear all this things about us being nerds! haha, we ARE INTELLECTUALLY INCLINED! and we ALSO HAVE A LIFE! 4e3 rocks my socks! between sec 3 and 4 i managed to get closer to my class and hung out with the green club (wink wink prefects!), had a hilarious time with blur ji hyun and 'stern' rachel and the rest of the kooky and 'toot'y gang! :) the teachers rock my socks too! at first i was frightened of mr a, but he's a great teacher plus such a funny/sarcastic person. mdm yeo and her wonder woman efficiency and all her sarcasm too! and ms lee and her aunties! and many many more. now i am deciding whether i should give them (the class) a BIG present . an all for one offer! one booking for all the eating they have done in the year! :) i'll write my dedications to them one by one after the O's...

to sum these all up, i had a fun, enlightening, utterly new, great, marvellous, fantastic time at St Margs. (minusing the scoldings :P)

i have grown as a person and jia is witness to that. :)

i think i'll cry on thursday.

i hope not, but i think i'll.

i don't cry, you know?

is that a measure of st margs' magic?

:')

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home